WINGS OF LOVE PARROT RESCUE CENTER OF THE BLUEGRASS
FOSTER APPLICATION / LIABILITY WAIVER
We are thrilled that you would like to volunteer to work with the birds at Wings of Love Parrot Rescue Center of the Bluegrass!
Before submitting an application, please read all of the information provided below
to be sure you will be comfortable working with special needs and behaviorally challenged birds.
- • Every foster/volunteer takes a risk of being bitten and must sign a form releasing Wings of Love Parrot Rescue Center of the Bluegrass from liability for property damage or bodily injury.
• Foster/volunteer work is dirty and can be physically strenuous. Cleaning cages is always first on the list of things to be done.
• Socializing with birds is not always easy or fun.
• Fosters/volunteers who work public events must be able to present well to the public.
• Fosters/volunteers who do transport must show proof of driver’s license and insurance.
• Fosters/volunteers may also be asked to assist with administrative work or fundraising.
• Working with birds is LOUD, all the time!
• Fosters/volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
• Fosters/volunteers are expected to show up on time, and stay the entire time they have committed to.
• Fosters MUST live within 60 miles of an avian veterinarian and have reliable transportation in case of medical emergency with their foster bird.
By continuing with the volunteer application process, you agree to the above terms,
and by signing the volunteer application, you are relieving
Wings of Love Parrot Rescue Center of the Bluegrass
of any liability while on our facility grounds or during any transport activity or event.